Sunday 3 March 2013

Animal Portraits

I had been asked to create a piece that was reflective of the horse portrait that I created before starting the MA.


 
I find it interesting that people like these type of paintings, I do believe it's because it's unusual and different, I enjoy this type of work because painting animals is such a pleasure, due to the tonal elements and especially within this structural elements of the pieces. I have to use photoshop to morph the images so I can created this combination. 




I was asked to create a portrait for friends of my parents, for which I was paid, the photograph came through the post, 4 x 6.
The piece was worked on a small linen canvas which I have never used before, however I found the contrast between linen and cotton a pleasant change.

 
 
I put the work I create onto Facebook, just so that people can see what I do. From placing this image on Facebook I did get a commission of painting a cow! Which I was delighted to do, any extra income is always welcome.
 
    
 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment