Monday 7 March 2011

Exposition and Context continued

What does your practice constitute of?
My practice constitute of working at home in my spare time, showing friends and family my work, and every now and then I get a commission, in which I am often what  image they want, size etc is dictated in a pleasant way in return I get paid for this. I mainly work in oils it is my prefered medium, I also make ceramics, small
lace bowls which are individual unique pieces. These pieces are for sale in a few craft shops within Worcestershire.

Where are you currently positioned?
Because of the MA I am exploring people I do not know within the area in which I live, and the connection made within a split second, someone bumps into me, or looks up, it could be a situation that I witness. I use masks of animals to explore these people and situations, I am currently positioned in showing this work through the MA or to friends and family. I used to exhibit occasionally in East Sussex where I used to live, I have not exhibited my work since my degree show  two years ago.

Where would you like to be in a several years time?
I would like to be involved in exhibitions, and selling my work in galleries, or at least having work in galleries for the public to view, furthermore I am interested in showing my work within Schools and Colleges as well. I would welcome the idea of being able to continuing to paint after the MA and for the general public to view the work, rather than having to store away the pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment